If you follow me on instagram you know that I love a door wreath.. And you know my husband does not.
They may not be the most practical things in the world but I just love dressing my front door , its someone’s first impression of your home and I find them so inviting.
This Autumn wreath was surprisingly cheap and simple to make
- Oasis ring
- Metallic gold spray ( I found mine on amazon)
- Autumn leaves / flowers
- Florist wire
- Soak the oasis ring in water
- Start with a base of leaves, browns, reds, greens whatever you have picked up on your walk or garden- Don’t worry how this looks as this is just covering the base of the oasis.. it really doesn’t have to be in any order
- Spray some of the leaves you have collected with the gold spray paint and leave them to dry for 15 minutes.. I also sprayed some little apples and pinecones… oh and a tiny touch to my hydrangeas ( warning the gold paint is addictive.. don’t go too overboard
- Start by adding your hydrangeas a few on each side but not symmetrical will look best
- Add piece by piece your pinecones and apples ( I used florists wire to secure these in the oasis)
- Finally add some golden leaves that you have completely covered in the gold spray paint ( spot them below), I popped a few either side of the hydrangeas… this is what gives the arrangement the finishing touch I think
- Once your happy with the final arrangement secure with some twine to your door.. or even inside your home.
I would love to see your Autumn wreaths if you give it a go.. feel free to tag me !